Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sports Day

Another one of our impromptu plans.

We decided to go play badminton yesterday while we were busy Plurking.

Frank and I met at SM for lunch. Lady wasn’t able to go (as expected. Haha.) and so, as usual, me and my parter-in-crime in Food Trips had a date at Rai Rai Ken.

Image0355
Frank and Telai: Partners in Food Tripping

We had a super delicious maki for starters.

Image0358
Jurassic Maki at Rai Rai Ken SM

Frank didn’t know how to use the chopsticks and I laughed out loud when I was looking at him fork-ing the maki. Haha.

And for our main meal, I had the Chicken Teriyaki Don, while Frank had the Ebi Curry Rice.

Image0361
Chicken Terriyaki Don

Image0362
Ebi Curry Rice

In fairness, there was a big hole in my wallet after we left the Japanese Resto.

Afterwards, Frank and I headed out for Smashville for our badminton reservation.

Image0365
Telai and Frank at Smashville. Pre-running around.

Lady and her siblings, Audrey and JB, came a full 30 minutes after our 2PM appointment. Haha. Translation: Played one-on-one with Frank for that same amount of time. Results: EXHAUSTION and MUSCLE PAIN.

Image0379
Telai with the 30-minutes late, Lady.

We played for a good 2 hours. Audrey and I came out of the rest room looking like we just took a shower. (Oh honey, it’s just sweat. Haha) Since Lady didn’t run a lot while playing, she looked normal. Haha.

Image0380
Eleat-ers: Frank, Telai and Lady

Image0383
Lady, RUN!

Image0382
The tireless Frank who played for almost the whole 2 hours.

Image0377 Image0376
Telai with Lady’s siblings, JB and Audrey

Before going our separate ways, we window-shopped at 168. Yes, Davao has our own version of Divisoria. Lady and I made plans to shop before she leaves for Dumaguete. We also had a great time devouring the street foods along Uyanguren. I enjoyed 2 pieces of Kwek-Kwek (Deep Fried Chicken Egg with orange-y coating. Eaten with Cucumber on the side and showered with vinegar) while the rest of them ate lots and lots of Proven. (Pig’s gizzard, or something, according to Frank.)

Image0388
Frank, Lady and Audrey at the PROVEN stall.

In fairness, street vendors these days have evolved. The ad at the Proven cart caught my attention and I smiled at their marketing efforts.

Image0389
Kakaibang Lasa! Kukulangin ang Isa!

While Lady and her siblings headed out to their mom’s office nearby, Frank and I went to Ateneo to get our yearbooks before we headed for our own homes.

What a day, I swear. Woke up this morning with my body in pain. Especially my “PATA” part and my arms. Next time, I won’t play with Frank for more than 10 minutes to avoid pain. Haha.

NOTE:
SORRY FOR THE PHOTO QUALITY. PHOTOS WERE TAKEN USING MY 2-MEGA PIXEL CAMERA PHONE. :) MORE PHOTOS AT LADY’S MULTIPLY AND FACEBOOK SITES, AS WELL AS IN MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT [FOR CONTACTS ONLY]. -TELAI

No comments:

Post a Comment